14 May 2020 Update
NEW DATE 23 August 2020
Coastal Track and Trail Runners acknowledges the need to implement procedures to help prevent spread of Coronavirus
BOTTLEBUTT BASH WILL PROCEED with the following precautions focusing on minimizing personal contact and strict hygiene practices:
• Race entries will be limited.
• The schedule may be changed to reduce crowding and queuing. The new schedule will be in the race brief notes.
• There will be no event presentation
• Chip/Mat start (your time starts as you cross the start/timing mat) to avoid a mass start.
• Where necessary staggered smaller start groups.
• 5km and 10km competitors will need to be self-supported.
• 21km and 42 km competitors will need to be self-supported and will have the option of a drop bag at aid station (14km,35km) and the Start/Finish.
• Finish line/recover food will include individually wrapped lollies and chip and will be distributed by volunteers instead of “help yourself”. Bottled water will be provided, but having your own in a drop bag is preferred.
• If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend our event.
• If you have been travelling overseas in the last 14 days, DO NOT attend.
As always competitor and crews health and safety remains our priority.
We will continue to monitor the advice of government and health experts.
The BottleButt Bash Trail Run is born out of our love of running and racing in this area with COASTAL Track and Trail Runners. Why save this area for us, when we can share this magical area with everyone. The BottleButt Bash Trail Run in 2020, gives you 5 different distances to experience this beautiful area. It has a distance for all abilities.
This year we have more fun in the forest with the 'Bottlebutt Bash Marathon'.
laps of the magical 21km.
The ‘Bottlebutt Bash’ is a 21km bash through the magical Burrawan State Forest. Through stunning tracks and trails with lots of hidden secrets and one of these is the ‘Old BottleButt’ Tree.
'Old Bottlebutt', a grand and ancient Red Bloodwood (Corymbia gummifera) tree located in Burrawan State Forest. Old Bottlebutt is unique in its shape - its large flared 'butt' having a massive girth of more than 16 metres just above its base. At over 200 years old, Old Bottlebutt is a towering and unique attraction.
Old Bottlebutt is the main feature on a beautiful 600 metre loop walking track, beginning and ending at the Burrawan picnic area. Old Bottlebutt is a special place, a place to stay and enjoy the sounds of nature.
The ‘Burrawan 10km Bash’ is down Burrawan Forest Drive and bash through the magical Burrawan State Forest on tracks and trails. The Greater Bank Burrawan 5km Dash’ is a shorter version of the 10km. It is a fast dash through the Burrawan Forest.
We will also be holding a free 2.5km kids run, so the kids can experience a little bit of trail magic.
We are offering a distance for the new trail runner, to the trail runner that just wants to race or challenge themselves on the trails.
Old Bottlebutt is located near Port Macquarie and Wauchope on the NSW mid-north coast. From Wauchope travel south on the Bago Road 10 kilometres, then turn left onto Internal Break Road and follow the signs. It is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week including public holidays.
We have the Club/Team Challenge. Biggest Group/Team/Club over all races. 1 point for every starter including the kids. Get’s the trophy and bragging rights for 12 months. Will it be your Club/Team/Group that takes it out.
Race Directors insight into the Bottlebutt Bash Trail Run. “Yes it is a trail race, but we just want you to experience what nature has to offer. She truly does make some magical places for us trail runners to experience.”
Train hard and stay focused and the reward at the end is pure pleasure.